NOVA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contribution

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Contribution Empty SOME OF YOU SHOULD QUESTION WHY YOU'VE JOINED AN ALLIANCE

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:26 am

I am the sitter for malibu&cokepls, and I have ben checking her supplies reports, and I'm very disappointed with the resources she has been sent, or should I say hasn't been sent from fellow alliance (even worse 5-alive) team members.
I realise that some of you probably haven't been able to send resources because you've been away for Easter, at least I hope that's the reason?
I myself hope to be training settlers as of tomorrow evening, and I will be keeping track of who sends me what, and when. Anyone not helping me, will not only be crossed off my christmas card list, but you will get the same help from me as you gave me (nought, nil, nothing, nichts, niente absolutely nada), already I'm finding out who my friends are in this alliance.
I apologise in advance for my manner, but one of my failings and I have many, is I say things the way I see it, and this is not what I consider the actions of a good alliance colleague.
I would also like to take this opportunity in thanking loop-d-loop (I hope I don't embarrass you), but she has sent 2,500 in resources to malibu&cokepls to help her train her settlers.
I'm not going to name names, as some of you may have been sending resources to one of our other members, but for those of you who have done nothing...hang your heads in shame!!!

Back to top Go down

Contribution Empty Re: Contribution

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:12 am

I would just like to say that on the same day, we did receive requests for resources for 5 players. This is alot when we are all trying to build up our villages. I did send res to each of them, but admit it was not as much as i would have sent if there had been just one or two requests
Sorry if thats mean of me!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:33 am

I guess that makes me even meaner, I only sent mine to 2!

WilliamWallace wrote:
but for those of you who have done nothing...hang your heads in shame!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Uriel Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 am

I took the opportunity to write to Gaul Bladder about this very issue. As a non-gold account gaul with practically no farms in my area (I have given up looking for them, as the the cost of the troops I was loosing outweighed the pittance I was bringing back), I am struggling to meet all the requirements of Nova at the same time.

We currently have:
- A 10% growth rate requirement per week (minimum)
- A settlers scheme
- A minimum population to stay in Nova (be one of the top 2000)
- Not to be a farm

If I were to contribute my res to every settler res shout-out that has come through, I would either not make the 10% growth requirement, or I would drop out of the top 2000.

Accordingly, I have advised Gaul Bladder that I will not supply res to other players for their settlers, but I will also NOT ask for any when my time for settlers comes.

I am actively participating in the gaul settler trapping scheme, and welcome you all to use my traps at no cost of repair to you.

Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:55 pm

Uriel, it's a shame you didn't contact me expressing your difficulties, and I can assure you these are problems we are all facing. I have probably lost more troops than anyone (in raids), but that was my decision to raid for gain instead of following others examples of not wasting resources on building troops but by building up the field levels slowly but steadily.
With regards to not having enough resources to help anyone else, is not the best way forward (IMHO). Just by sending 50 units shows some measure of effort. What you have also failed to appreciate is that by helping others in building their 2nd villages (with only 50 units), by the time you are ready to build your 2nd village you will actually receive more help from those at the top will be generating more resources per hour (probably over 1,000 - 2,000 units). I am currently building settlers, and due to the amazing and generous help of 16 NOVA colleagues I have all but finished the 1st.
Even the smallest village should be able to grow by 10% in one week, if they can't then they need help, and I will be the first in the queue to help them. and help can come in many forms, help with resources, sitting, protection, advise or just a shoulder to cry on.

I have failed you as your team leader so for that I apologise, instead of you telling me what you can't or won't do, help me to help you to do what we need you to do?

If anyone else is experiencing the same problems please please please talk to me!

Back to top Go down

Post  APD Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:02 pm

I built all three of my settlers with only 500 wheat donated by Kari. The settler scheme did not work for me even though I have donated to the embassy and other players settlers. Allure just did not announce I was ready for help. I only got the resies from Kari because I posted on the forum.

I am obviously a little miffed about this but will continue to support the alliance. I am a little reticent to send out resies at the moment however.

WW, if you need wheat I have some to spare but not anything else. IGM me if you want wheat.

Edit: Uriel is a great sitter for me and I support him in every way I can. He also helped me by allowing my settlers into his traps. But I was a little upset after he poked sticks at them.

APD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:27 pm

and you only got res from me coz i have no life and spend all my time looking at all new posts on the forum Very Happy.

i too am struggling to send res to all the many players that are settler training at the mo, so unfortunately some are getting less than others but i have tried to send something to everyone so far (just about anyway), but i still think its a very worthwhile scheme

Back to top Go down

Post  karob Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:38 pm

HI all
Yes i agree with APD there was a bit of a problem with Allure disappearing off line when members were ready to build settlers, i had to ask GB to send igm for myself and APD we waited 3 days for Allure to send out igm (didn't feel right askng for help for myself )but there had already been a igm for 5 other members so it was just a case of too many too soon, but please rest assured if it happens again to anyone please IGM MYSELF OR GUAL bLADDER and we will sort it out asap.
cheers Karob Smile
karob
karob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:46 pm

The point people seem to be missing is - nobody expects you to contribute to everyone! We just hope everyone is contributing something no matter how small! I play over on server 3 where Nova is more establised - the contributions i receive over there are outstanding and everyone is so supportive - this is what im sure we want to establish here on server 1 - of course its more difficult in the begining.. but everyone can spare a little something (no excuses- i can make them until the cows come home but i don't cos i relise to help the team also benefits me!) The more you put in the more you get out!

APD i'm sorry to hear you recieved nothing and thats really sad because it is not the Nova i know! I also had trouble contacting the settler sitter so contacted GB who quickly jumped to my aid. Hands up i missed sending you res when you needed it due to my settler building, but if you ever need help please let me know and i hope you never feel let down again!

Last edited by malibu&cokepls on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 pm

It did take a while, and by the time my merchants got back, we then had the IGM that APD already had enough res, otherwise you would have had some from me too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:50 pm

I didn't do too badly. First 16 hours after the call for help - and the second and third on my own production, about 22 hours each. I'll get settling tommorow evening... :^{)

Back to top Go down

Post  Uriel Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:03 pm

I don't think you've failed team 5 at all, WW. And in theory, settler schemes do work. It's just not for me, not this time around. My whole account is painful at the moment, and I wanted to bring it to the attention of the person who would make the decission for booting, should it come to that.

Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:53 pm

I did send a message to the fairy (she is fairy, captain and my councillor), as I was intending to put a 5-alive settler strategy together, based on pop. I agree everyone trying to build a 2nd village at the same time is crazy (IMHO). But it seemed many had already completed it, or were in the throws of doing so. There's no point me saying was the strategy was as it's too late now, but it would have been a controlled exercise where everyone would have benefited in the long run.
I see this as my first failure, as general or team leader, it is my job to help the small villages become big villages, because I still believe if we work together we will be not only the most successful alliance, but 5-alive will be the most successful team, but to achieve that we need to work together, air our grievances, learn from or mistakes and help each other...there is no I in team!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hebble Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Well i had more or less completed my settlers when the call(gaul lol) went out from Gaul bladder to ask people to give me assistance, so I was able to forward extra resources I received onto malibuandcokepls.

I try to help as many people as possible but I too need to grow so it would be impossible to help everyone on here - i do try though even if it is only a small amount. After getting a cropper as a second village that too will require support from my main village to get it going properly.

I like the NOVA settler scheme and i think it is a great idea. If every member contributed a small amount then it does add up.

Uriel are you being attacked? I am not far away from you and can help if you are. You are right there are not many easy targets around here - if you need me to scout anyone for you then give me a shout, you might find that useful.
Hebble
Hebble

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Hebble thanks for the scouting offer, this is something I want to introduce later, the reason I haven't instrumented any offensive tactics is because the team have shown a tendency towards a defensive strategy.
If anyone wants to start up an offensive group within the team can they please let me know.
I personally am finding easy pickings harder and harder to find, especially now the 2 villages I was farming now have a pact with NOVA (thanks GB). So we may have to start boxing up a weight, which means a few of us fighting as a group instead individually.
What I don't want to do is to drag other alliance members in to our fight that at the moment they aren't prepared for, we must think of retributions against some of our smaller villages.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hebble Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:03 pm

No problemo WW, as you said I think we need to offer Uriel support if they are struggling. If you need me to do anything i.e army/resources then let me know as i am quite near so can get assistance across quickly.

Cheers

Hebble
Hebble
Hebble

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:48 am

Is swearing allowed on this forum?

My sister just disbanded both my Settlers. She was on the computer, I told her to send a message to lp rob1 to release them, and she went to the Rally Point and clicked Disband for both thinking it released them.

I guess when something like this happens there's only one way to take it. The laughing way...

Please excuse me whilst my head and desk interact.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:19 am

Eeeesh, have you disbanded your sister yet? Can send you some more res if you want.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:40 am

Nah. I disowned her years ago.

I sent an e-mail to support. We'll see... =/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:10 am

Oh no i feel your pain!!!!

I'll send you some asap

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:13 am

I thought this was a funny story, and with some of things that's been posted on here lately, it's good that we can laugh at something so serious as, losing 2 settlers!!!
And this only confirms that settlers are good for upsets???

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:28 am

Sorry to hear that Brennos, will send you some res ASAP!

Back to top Go down

Post  APD Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:04 pm

I am cool with having to do my own settlers. I just have not sent any resies to anyone else since. But I will start again soon.

Kari, I'll send you 750 of anything you want when you are ready to train them. Just IGM me with what you want.

I didnt give quite the full story with the settlers. I first off IGM'd Allure that I only needed certain resies and only 2000 of each. So that put her off slightly. But a simple message that APD only needs 2000 Clay and 2000 Wheat should have been sent anyway.

But I am not bitter, I like Murphy's.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

APD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:05 pm

aaahhh thanxs APD , that'll be a great help , if i ever actually manage to get my residence up that high ill give you a bell Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  APD Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:23 am

I did contribute to the recent embassy upgrade and also helped Kari so I am no longer hoarding for myself.

Smile

APD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum